Experience the originality and simplicity of the Sahara. Accompanied by a professional nomadic team, you will walk along the ancient caravan trails into the dune sea to Erg Chegaga accompanied by camels. Be enchanted by the vastness and silence of the desert.
- Price: 350 € / for 2 - 4 participants
- Price: 319 € / for 5 - 10 participants
for larger groups, please ask for the price
- Duration 4 days / 3 nights
- 2 nights in the desert
- 1 night in the desert camp
- Transfer from camp back to Mhamid
- Type of tour: Guided hike with Camel and
professional nomad team
- Board: full board in the desert, water
- soft drinks
- Accident and repatriation insurance
Own arrival and departure to Mhamid by bus, taxi or rent a car
After a nice breakfast, the day begins with a 3-day trekking tour. The desert invites you to enjoy the silence and vastness. Passing oases, tamarisk trees and nomadic tents, the professional nomad team takes us to the most beautiful places in the Sahara for 3 days. Accompanied by camels on which you can also ride (please clarify in advance), it goes on and on towards the dunes. After about 2.5 hours hiking, there is the freshly prepared lunch in a shady place. It continues again about 2.5 hours to the first night camp at a place called KrayAt Jmal. There you can round off the day and spend the night in your tent.
The trekking tour continues after breakfast. Approximately 4 hours walk through the picturesque landscape of the stone desert. After lunch, under a shady tamarisk tree, it takes 2 hours to visit the lovely dunes of Bougarne, where you will spend the second night.
The next morning we continue for about 4 hours towards big dunes. Lunch is at an oasis with palm trees and water source. Here you has previously traded goods from other countries earlier. After another 2 hours you will reach the large dunes of Erg Chegaga. Here you spend the night in a beautiful camp (including WC / showers) and can end the evening at sunset, music and campfire.
In the morning it is called "goodbye" Sahara. You will be returned to Mhamid by jeep 4x4..
Tents, mattresses, blankets are provided
Good to have
who would like a sleeping bag; Suncream; good, firm shoes (if available with ankle-high creations, so that the sand does not run in) Handkerchiefs; Wet wipes; towel
- suitable for most people
- not suitable for people with heart problems or other serious illnesses
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- good weather is required for this experience. Should it have to be canceled due to bad weather conditions, you will be offered a date or a full refund.
- A minimum number of 2 is required for this tour.
- This tour is a private tour. Only your group will attend.
Cancel at least 24 hours before the date of the tour for a full refund. After that the full price has to be paid.